Ruger's AR-556 Semiautomatic Tactical Rifles boast a matte-black 16" medium-contour cold-hammer-forged barrel with ultraprecise rifling that delivers exceptional accuracy, longevity and corrosion resistance. Durable synthetic stock and heat-resistant, glass-filled nylon handguards withstand wear and tear for long-lasting performance. Ergonomic pistol grip and six-position, telescoping M4-style buttstock provide an excellent hold. Low-glare milled gas block located at a carbine-length (M4) position offers improved balance and handling. Flat-top upper receiver with forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector. Also features matte black-oxide bolt carrier with staked gas key. Elevation-adjustable front sight and Rapid Deploy folding rear sight. Multiple adjustment points for many sling and accessory options. Includes one 10-round or 30-round Magpul PMAG magazine and front-sight tool. AR-556 is direct impingent, and the SR-556 is piston driven.
- 16" medium-contour cold-hammer-forged barrel
- Durable synthetic stock and glass-filled nylon handguards
- Milled gas block for improved balance and handling
- Ergonomic pistol grip and telescoping buttstock
- Includes one 10- or 30-round magazine
- AR-556 is direct impingent, and the SR-556 is piston driven
Lawmen's Distribution Firearm Sales Policy
Lawmen's Distribution will only sell firearms to public safety customers and professionals that currently serve or have retired from the following:
- Sworn law enforcement officers, including state, county, and city including retired law enforcement officers with retired credentials
- EMT's, fire fighters, volunteer fire fighters, and paramedics
- Military personnel including reservists and national guard with I.D. (includes retired military with "retired" credentials"
- Military veterans medically and honorably discharged with retired ID or DD-214
- Corrections officers, including parole and probation officers
- State Licensed Security Companies (Loomis, RAM, etc.) also includes state licensed armed security officers
- Court Judges, District Attorneys, and Deputy District Attorneys
- L.E. Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from Academy
If you believe you fit our stated criteria but do not see representation above, please contact your local Lawmen's store, and we would be happy to verify for you. We also require proof or documentation in the aforementioned services. This is usually completed by supplying a copy of an official identification card. We accept DD-214's as proof of prior military service.
All handguns and long guns must be shipped to an authorized FFL dealer and require a $30 Shipping Fee.
Lawmen's Distribution prohibits the sale of firearms to customers residing in the following states and will not export outside the United States:
- New Jersey
- New York
- Washington D.C.